Update on 2019 Affordable Care Act Employer Reporting
Despite the efforts to repeal (or repeal and replace) the Affordable Care Act (ACA), and the reduction of the individual mandate penalty to $0, the requirement that applicable large employers file the reports required by the ACA is still in effect. There are likely to be changes to the required forms for 2019 and filing deadlines, so even employers that have filed the reports in the past may need guidance to file appropriately for 2019. The employer shared responsibility penalties and penalties for failing to file in a timely manner have increased, and electronic filing is still required for employers filing 250 or more forms. Some confusing references to transitional relief provisions that have expired have been removed, the instructions on “de minimis” errors and reporting of opt-out payments have been clarified, but reporting of Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs) and COBRA remains complex.
Please join Christine Williams as she helps employers prepare for the 2019 reports with a line-by-line analysis of the forms.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
This webinar will cover the reporting requirements for the 2019 calendar year, including the following:
- What changes have been made from prior years?
- When are the 2019 reports due and is it likely there will be extensions?
- What are the rules for reporting HRA coverage for employees who also have other health coverage?
- Do opt-out payments affect the determination of affordability?
- What are the increased penalties?
- What are the filing requirements for an employer that offers fully insured health coverage or coverage through a multiemployer plan?
- How is COBRA coverage reported?
- When can truncated Social Security numbers be used?
- How does the $0 penalty for the individual mandate affect employers’ reporting requirements?
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.