Live Webinar Date: Monday, December 2, 2019, 1 PM Eastern
Final New Form W-4 and How to Calculate Income Tax Withholding in 2020
The change to the W-4 due to tax reform will be the largest change to the form in US History. This webinar will prepare the payroll professional to understand the changes to the form W-4 for 2020 and how to calculate taxes in 2020. Currently, Form W-4 is a critical form that all companies have to obtain from employees and that drives how federal income withholding tax is calculated. Furthermore, the IRS released Publication 15-T, which gave instruction on how the new form will impact taxation. A review of publication 15-T and the steps to complete federal tax withholding calculations will be reviewed. All IRS-specific laws around processing of the Form W-4 in 2020 will be discussed.
Please join Dayna Reum for comprehensive guidance through the implications of the new Form W-4 and related tax withholding rules.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- Understanding the proper way to process a federal W-4
- What should be the proper process for an invalid W-4 in 2020
- Proper processing and maintenance of an IRS lock in letter
- Electronic W-4 requirements and what the new form means for employers with electronic W-4 systems
- Understanding the requirements around Form W-4 and how an employer can be at risk
- IRS Form W-4 change requirements and how it affects you as an employer
- Employer notification requirements and important deadlines for both Form W-4s
- Discussion of what make the Form W-4 invalid
- Review and examples on the new ways to calculate federal taxation in 2020
- Best practices on how employers can better communicate W-4 changes to employees
- AND MUCH MORE!
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].