Federal And New York WARN Acts: Obligations, Protections, And Differences
The federal Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act requires organizations to give employees advance notice of mass layoffs and plant closings. New York State has its own WARN Act, which imposes even more rigorous requirements on employers.
The economic uncertainty caused by the pandemic makes it even more critical to understand employees’ rights and protections. You must educate your workforce to comply with the laws and avoid liability for your organization.
- What is the WARN Act?
- Which organizations are covered by the WARN Act?
- How do the federal and New York State WARN Acts differ?
- What steps must you take to comply with the WARN Act?
- What happens if an organization violates the WARN Act?
- What resources are available for New York State employers and employees?
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].