Even though the December 2017 passing of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act was one of the most significant tax changes in some time, the impending change to the W-4 will be the largest change to the form in US history! The W-4 is a critical form that all companies have to obtain from employees and that drives how federal income withholding tax is calculated.
This webinar will prepare the payroll professional to understand the changes to the W-4 for 2020 and to review the draft released on May 31, 2019. The IRS also released Publication 15-T on June 7, 2019 which gave instruction on how the new form will impact taxation. A review of publication 15-T and the steps to complete federal tax withholding calculations will be reviewed. All IRS-specific laws around the processing of the Form W-4 today and tomorrow will be discussed.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- Understanding the proper way to process a federal W-4
- What should be the proper process for an invalid W-4 today and how it will look in 2020?
- Proper processing and maintenance of a IRS lock in letter
- Electronic W-4 requirements and what the new form means for employers with electronic W-4 systems
- Understanding the requirements around Form W-4 and how an employer can be at risk
- IRS Form W-4 change requirements and how it affects you as an employer
- Employer notification requirements and important deadlines for Form W-4
- Discussion on what makes the Form W-4 invalid
- Review of the tax reform legislation and how it affected the Form W-4
- Best Practices on how employers can better communicate W-4 changes to employees
- AND MUCH MORE!
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for “Draft of 2020 IRS Form W-4 Just Released: How It Impacts Employers” is Dayna J. Reum. Dayna is currently the Director of Payroll Operations at Ann & Robert Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago. Dayna has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 17 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, Dayna moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc. During Dayna’s time at Honeywell she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association. She also received several merit awards for Customer Service and Acquisitions and Divestitures. Dayna is no stranger to teaching she has taught at the Metro Phoenix American Payroll Association meetings and at the Arizona State Payroll Conference. Topics including Payroll Basics, Global/Cultural Awareness, Immigration Basics for the Payroll Professional, Multi-State and Local Taxation and Quality Control for Payroll, International and Canadian payroll. Dayna has her CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) through the APA. She also serves on the National American Payroll Association on the National Strategic Leadership Task Force, Government Affairs Task Force (PA Local tax subcommittee). Dayna has received a Citation of Merit for her service along with being a Gold Pin member of the APA. Besides her payroll accomplishments Dayna is certified in HR hiring and firing practices and is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt.
HRWebAdvisor QUALITY COMMITMENT
HRWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
HRWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.