COVID-19 and FLSA: How to Address Wage and Hour Issues
The COVID-19 pandemic has presented challenging wage and hour questions for employers. The federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and corresponding state wage and hour laws remain in effect during the pandemic.
You need to know how to pay workers properly when they cannot physically come to work. The US Department of Labor’s recently-published guidance clarifies practical points to help you meet your wage and hour obligations to your employees while the crisis continues.
- What obligations do you have under a government-imposed quarantine?
- How can closures impact pay?
- How should you adapt payroll deductions?
- What rules differ between exempt and non-exempt employees?
- How do telework arrangements affect wage and hour obligations?
- May you require employees to use PTO during closures?
- How does teleworking affect workers’ compensation?
- What OSHA issues should you address in a teleworking program?
- What obligations do you have to temporary workers?
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].