Discover new DOL guidance issued on December 29. Benefit from flexibility for workplace postings and telemedicine.
On December 29, the DOL’s Wage and Hour Division announced new guidance to maximize the benefits of teleworking arrangements for employers and workers alike:
- FAB 2020-7 addresses electronic posting by employers by email or a website to satisfy the employer’s requirement to provide notice of employees’ statutory rights under various federal labor laws.
- FAB 2020-8 addresses when WHD will consider telemedicine an in-person visit to establish a serious health condition that qualifies for protection under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
You must update your policies and procedures to incorporate the requirements of these two field assistance bulletins.
- When may you replace physical postings with electronic notices?
- How should you now distribute required information and inform employees?
- Will the expanded flexibility continue after the pandemic?
- When does telemedicine qualify to establish a serious health condition??
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].