Discover the legal privacy issues of COVID-19. Understand what you can ask, reveal, and require of employees.
Employers are increasingly concerned about the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace. Outbreaks often result from inadequate sanitization, a failure to follow safety procedures, and employees who come to work ill.
While you need to ensure that employees follow protocols and infected colleagues remain home, you must be cautious about privacy laws. There are limitations on what health information you may request and what requirements you may impose.
- What are the appropriate methods to monitor employee symptoms?
- How can you monitor employee adherence to safety protocols?
- May you request COVID-19 test results and other medical data?
- How should you handle employee objections to providing health information?
- May you discipline an employee who refuses to follow sanitization procedures?
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].