Duration: Each session was scheduled for 90 minutes, including question and answer session after the third session.
Presenter(s): Nan DeMars, Author and Workplace Ethics Expert
Price: $999.00 Digital Downloads. Each option may be viewed by an unlimited number of attendees in one room. DLs include full audio presentation, question and answer session, and presentation slides.
CE Credits: Each session has been approved for 1.5 general recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Each session is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP..
Who Should Attend? HR administrators, supervisors and managers, financial officers, other senior executives
Workplace Ethics Training Bootcamp: Reduce the Costs and Risks of Unethical Employee Behavior, in three 90-minute sessions, offers comprehensive insight into identifying and handling the stress-filled workplace ethical dilemmas employees face almost on a daily basis. This is a timely wake-up call to recognize employees’ new accountability and culpability in today’s ethical culture and guide them accordingly, in order to both prevent and reduce unethical behavior and the potential costs involved.
- Session 1, November 2, 2018: The Age of Accountability
- Session 2, November 9, 2018: Security and Confidentiality Issues
- Session 3, November 16, 2018: Behavioral Ethics PLUS! Q&A
Ethical cultures have successfully gone “live” in workplaces everywhere and both employees and management have opened the doors of the ethical conversation. Astute supervisors and managers now recognize that the ethical office is a significant competitive advantage and that the Double or Triple Bottom Line (as ethics are sometimes referred to) relates directly to healthy profits. Conversely, unchecked, unethical behavior or practices can result in costly risks and liability for a company.
Employees struggle often with the question: How do I keep my job AND my integrity? And, they cannot pretend their decisions about right and wrong do not matter. They can no longer say, “I did it to keep my job.” We are all the new “corporate conscience keepers.” This series will not only raise your awareness to these issues but, also, provide you with practical advice and guidelines on how to assist your staff in creating and maintaining your company’s safe, ethical culture.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this series will cover:
- Develop a fresh awareness of the meaning of all employees’ accountability and culpability in the workplace today.
- Internalize the use of their personal Ethical Priority Compass®.
- Learn how to minimize the factors that can lead to unethical behavior in the workplace.
- Identify key components to establishing an ethical environment.
- Adapt crucial guidelines to maintaining The Ethical Workplace.
- Discover how to better navigate through ethical dilemmas before, during or after they occur, while learning ways to provide leadership to help others do the same.
- Examine all aspects of harassing behaviors – 1) how to prevent – react – respond to disrespectful behavior - and 2) how to help create and maintain a safe environment.
A few topics within each session
Session 1, November 2, 2018: The Age of Accountability
- Workplace ethics vs business ethics
- Definition of The Ethical Workplace
- Integrity choices
- Trust issues and importance
- Morals vs ethics
- Myth busting
- Your Ethical Priority Compass®
Session 2, November 9, 2018: Security and Confidentiality Issues
- The New Loyalty today
- Commitment to Doing the Right Thing (not the wrong thing)!
- Protecting your company’s security
- Protecting your personal security
- Building the culture of confidentiality
Session 3, November 16, 2018: Behavioral Ethics
- Lying in the workplace
- Workplace romance
- Office parties
- Gossip – the good and the bad
- Blind spots
- The many faces of harassment
- Golden Keys to The Ethical Workplace
- PLUS! The opportunity to ask Nan your questions directly!
All sessions will be interspersed with clear-cut examples of reality-based ethical dilemmas. You will acquire a better understanding of how to help employees navigate their way through an awkward and often potentially damaging situation and do so by also maintaining their integrity and still keeping their jobs, their credibility, and optimism (much less out of court, hot water and harm’s way). Everyone wins.
YOUR WORKSHOP LEADER
Your workshop leader for “Workplace Ethics Training Bootcamp: Reduce the Costs and Risks of Unethical Employee Behavior” is Nan DeMars. Nan is an internationally-recognized office ethics keynote speaker, seminar leader, author and columnist. Her presentations have helped employees, no matter what their position or size company they work for, stay out of trouble and enjoy increased job satisfaction. And, these efforts result in companies realizing greater productivity by having created more ethical office cultures. For more than 30 years, Nan has demonstrated in all types of industries that good ethics result in good business outcomes.
Her latest book is YOU’VE GOT TO BE KIDDING! How to Keep Your Job Without Losing Your Integrity (John Wiley & Sons). A graduate of the University of Minnesota (BA in business), Nan is president of Executary Services, a Minneapolis-based firm providing workplace ethics seminars and consulting as well as placement services for the C-suite executive assistant. A past international president of the International Association of Administrative Professionals®, Nan writes often for the Minneapolis Star Tribune and is a columnist for business publications around the world. She is a frequent guest on both U.S. and Canadian TV and radio and often featured in national and international periodicals as an expert on workplace ethics.
HRWebAdvisor.com QUALITY COMMITMENT
HRWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
HRWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.