Wage Garnishment 101
Beside payroll tax, garnishments can be the most compliance-intensive area for organizations. Failure to follow these laws, however, can lead to costly penalties.
This webinar will give you and your organizations the tools to better understand the responsibilities related to all types of garnishment orders, including child support orders, federal and state levies, student loans, and credit garnishments. We’ll also cover guidelines mandated by the Consumer Credit Protection Act, federal IRS levy requirements, and state-specific levy and garnishment withholding requirements. Federal and state regulations regarding applicable earnings also will be reviewed. Recent legislation challenges will be discussed, and best practices on how to keep up with changing legislation will be explored. The result: Mastery of everything you need to know about processing garnishments.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- How to determine how much to withhold for child support
- Determining the priority of garnishment orders
- Recent legislation challenges such as lump sum reporting for child support orders
- Discussion of legally allowed Child Support fees and how to administer
- Review of EIWO and the benefits
- How to properly calculate applicable earnings (e.g. disposable earnings, take home pay)
- Determining the process for terminated employees with garnishment orders
- Garnishment processing best practices
- And much more!
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.