Sexual harassment has become a major topic of conversation in many workplaces today with more and more employees alleging that they have been harassed. But what you might not realize about these sexual harassment complaints is that many times the harassment has happened virtually, via text message, sexting, posted on Facebook or other social media or sent via email.
Please join Melissa Fleischer for must-have guidance on virtual harassment. HR needs to better understand what virtual harassment is, how to ensure that your Sexual Harassment Policy prohibits virtual harassment, as well as how to best protect your organization against complaints of violation of your anti-harassment policy when employees harass others virtually.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- A better understanding of what virtual harassment is
- Learning how to ensure that your Anti-Harassment Policy adequately prohibits harassment that happens virtually as well as face-to-face
- How to include the prohibition on virtual harassment in your annual sexual and unlawful harassment training annually
- How to include virtual harassment when conducting a sexual harassment investigation
- Case scenarios involving virtual harassment
- Analysis of legal cases when organizations have incurred liability for virtual harassment in the workplace
- Discussion of case law in which organizations have “gotten it wrong”
- AND MUCH MORE!
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for “Virtual Harassment in the #MeToo Era” is Melissa Fleischer, attorney at law. Ms. Fleischer is the president of HR Learning Center LLC. Ms. Fleischer is a management-side employment attorney with over 20 years’ experience representing clients in employment discrimination litigation as well as providing preventive counseling and training on workplace issues. HR Learning Center LLC offers training seminars, webinars, and consulting on a variety of workplace and human resources issues. She is also a frequent speaker on a wide range of employment law topics including: workplace investigations, anti-harassment training, FMLA and ADA training, workplace violence prevention, etc. Ms. Fleischer earned her J.D. degree from the George Washington University School of Law.
HRWebAdvisor.com QUALITY COMMITMENT
HRWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
HRWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.