How Employee Information can be held hostage by a ransomware attack. Learn how to mitigate ransomware attacks and protect HR data.
Ransomware attacks are very real and becoming more prevalent. Hackers often hone in on confidential human resources data, targeting personnel files that include:
- Social security numbers
- Driver license details
- Financial account information
- Vast troves of other personal employee information
In a ransomware scenario, the attacker could block your access to the files or, even worse, threaten to exploit or expose the confidential personnel details if you do not pay a large sum of money in cryptocurrency to the anonymous perpetrator.
- What is ransomware?
- Why are human resources departments often the targets of attacks?
- How has ransomware affected other organizations?
- What can you learn from devastating incidents?
- How can you build resiliency among people, processes, and technology to combat a ransomware incident?
- What steps should you take immediately to protect employee data?
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].