Spandex is a Privilege, Not a Right
What is “appropriate” work appearance? Do you have the right to tell employees what to wear? How much can an employer dictate styles of dress, hair, perfume or jewelry? When do company appearance rules become discriminatory or violate employees’ legal rights? Employers are often shocked to find they have gone over the line. Sometimes that shock costs dearly in legal fees and damages. This program will cover the practical and legal issues of the current trends in workplace appearance, and what you should and shouldn’t do about them.
Please join Bob Gregg for guidance as well as humorous, down-to-earth examples and advice by an attorney who has helped companies throughout the United States effectively address issues of an ever-changing workplace.
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- What are your rights to regulate appearance?
- What is the legal foundation on dress codes, health, safety and an employer's right to determine what is "appropriate" appearance?
- The legal problems concerning discrimination (sex, race and national; origin), religion and privacy rights concerning appearance.
- "How to" properly address appearance issues from body odor, clothing and hairstyle to piercings.
- What is "good appearance?"
- Creating dress code policies.
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].