Resident and Non-Resident Alien Taxation: Clarification of the Rules
As a payroll professional, when you have been told by your HR department that they hired a new associate with an H1B visa, your response probably was, “Ok so what does that mean?” As more companies are expanding their recruiting worldwide to find the best talent, it is becoming more and more critical for payroll professionals to understand non-immigrant concerns and how they affect how we pay employees, including taxes that need to be accounted for in the US and in the foreign country.
Please join Dayna Reum as she helps clarify what documentation to look for and how the IRS defines taxation. Details of international pay policies and taxation will also be reviewed.
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- Detailed discussion of why it is critical for HR and payroll to work together on anyone being hired on a visa status.
- Understanding the visa process, from how companies obtain a visa for a potential employee to how to handle employees already on visas when being hired.
- Understanding taxation concerns for non-immigrant workers.
- Discussions on what an I-94 card is and how to review it.
- Details of different types of work visas such as L-1,E,O,H-1,TN/NAFTA.
- Details of different types of student visas such as F-1 & J-1.
- Tax Equalization and Tax Protection Plans.
- Having a solid hypothetical tax plan.
- AND MUCH MORE!
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].