Are you struggling with a problem employee? You think you’ve tried everything and nothing is working? You can’t figure out how to reach the employee? Problem employees aren’t trying to be problem employees. Surprisingly, just as often, problem employees working under other circumstances or for other employers can be excellent, even brilliant employees.
However problem employees don’t operate in a vacuum. Their actions affect others too. They not only can create employment risk, additionally from an operational perspective, they take up a lot of time that might be better spent elsewhere, impact others negatively, can even suck the energy right out of an entire work group and affect not just their coworkers but your customers too.
So what do you do? How do you know what the problem is? How do you determine what is the real problem? Then what do you do to find a lasting solution that works for all parties? What should everyone be expected to do in these situations; Company, HR, Supervisor, coworkers, and employee? When should you inquire further and investigate? Alternately when and how do you make the determination that joining together in an employment relationship was a mistake and it’s best to go separate ways? How best do you handle termination? Please join Teri Morning, President of Hindsight HR, for comprehensive guidance on responding to problematic employees before it’s too late.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- Problem employee or employee in a problem situation – how to tell the difference.
- Twelve approaches to determine what REALLY the problem is. One of these methods WILL work.
- The Supervisors Toolbox – How to use each tool effectively.
- The two Superpowers in a Supervisor’s Toolbox. These Superpowers develop high performing employees while encouraging low performing employees to just move on.
- The one thing you must build without which no kind of problem can ever be solved.
- Psychological safety – a critical component necessary only if you want the best out of people.
- The two solutions to almost any problem… and it’s not documentation.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). How to know if this is a situation for which an employer is required to accommodate. Company obligations, and who does what – HR, Supervisor, employee.
- Three kinds of conduct for which there is no solution. How to not hire these people. Alternatively, how to move them out of the workplace risk free.
- Coaching up or counseling out
- Twelve rules for creating risk free documentation.
- Before you terminate checklist.
- AND MUCH MORE!
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for ““Problem” Employees: Understanding, Coaching, Counseling and Motivating” is Teri Morning, MBA, MS. Teri is President of Hindsight HR specializes in solving company “people problems” and providing big company style HR service to small business. Teri has enjoyed consulting with employers through the country, solving problems and training managers and employees for over 20 years, meeting and working with employees from all types of businesses. Her years of experience in human resources and training in a variety of fields, including retail, distribution, architectural, engineering, consulting, manufacturing (union), public sector and both profit and non-profit companies allow Teri to understand employers (and) employees particular point of view. Teri also provides software solutions for incident management, employee relations investigations, safety purposes (Incident Tracker), compensation ranges and budgeting (Compease) and performance management (Performance Pro).
In addition to a MBA, Teri has a Master’s degree in human resource development with a specialization in conflict management. Teri was certified by the state of Indiana in mediation skills, and is currently certified in project management, IT management and qualified as a Myers Briggs practitioner. Teri has held the PHR, SPHR, SPHR-CA and SHRM-SCP certifications.
HRWebAdvisor QUALITY COMMITMENT
HRWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
HRWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.