Privacy in the Workplace
Advances in electronic communication and social media have changed the face of the American workplace. This webinar will shed some light on this subject and help prepare employers for what they need to know regarding monitoring of employee communications including on social media sites. In addition, there can be risks for employers conducting workplace investigations based on how they access electronic media such as e-mail, social media sites of the employees, etc.
Please join Melissa Fleischer to learn what you as an employer can and cannot do as well as how to protect your organization from liability for violation of right to privacy claims.
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- The risk for employers from an invasion of privacy claim by employees
- Do employees who text and e-mail at work have a “reasonable expectation of privacy”?
- What does “reasonable expectation of privacy” actually mean?
- Best practices to ensure that your employees do not have a “reasonable expectation of privacy” for workplace electronic communications
- How to draft electronic communication policies that put employees on notice that these communications will be monitored
- Analysis of the latest case law on privacy in workplace communications
- AND MUCH MORE!
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].