Sexual harassment has become a major topic of conversation with more and more complaints arising in this #MeToo Era. These sexual harassment complaints have often escalated because many times HR has gotten it wrong, taken inappropriate action or maybe hasn’t handled the issue at all. Failure to respond appropriately to sexual harassment claims not only exposes your employer to tremendous liability but also risks disrupting the day to day operations of your entire company.
Please join employment law expert and attorney, Melissa Fleischer, Esq. as she focuses in on how you can prevent and mitigate harassment in your workplace by avoiding many of the major mistakes HR often makes in such cases. This seminar will also help you to ensure that you will be able to defend your organization in a court of law if any of these complaints do escalate into actual lawsuits.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- Avoid the mistake of failing to provide sexual and unlawful harassment training annually
- Don’t make the mistake of not having a well-drafted up-to-date Anti-Harassment Policy
- Don’t fail to distribute an Anti-Harassment Policy to your entire workplace
- Avoid not undertaking an investigation because the complainant decides they do not want you to
- Don’t take too long to start an investigation when an employee has complained of harassment
- Avoid failing to take prompt corrective action if allegations of complainant are substantiated during an investigation
- Don’t fail to adequately protect “confidentiality”
- Avoid not protecting complainants and witnesses from any retaliation
- Don’t forget to advise both the complainant and the accused of the results of the investigation
- Don’t make the mistake of not disciplining the CEO or upper management merely because they hold that position
- Never sweep harassment complaints under the rug
- AND MUCH MORE!
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for “Preventing Sexual Harassment in the #MeToo Era: Guidance for HR” is Melissa Fleischer, attorney at law. Ms. Fleischer is a management-side employment attorney with 20 years of experience representing clients in employment law discrimination litigation as well as providing preventive counseling and training on workplace issues. HR Learning Center, LLC offers training seminars, webinars, and consulting on a wide range of workplace and human resources issues. She is also a frequent speaker on employment law topics including: workplace investigations, anti-harassment training, FMLA and ADA training, workplace violence prevention, etc. Ms. Fleischer earned her J.D. degree from the George Washington University School of Law.
HRWebAdvisor.com QUALITY COMMITMENT
HRWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
HRWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.