Duration: 90 minutes including question and answer period.
Presenter: Melissa Fleischer, attorney at law and president, HR Learning Center LLC
Price: $299.00, DL includes full audio presentation, question and answer session, and presentation slides.
CE Credits: This program has been approved for 1.5 general recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
Who Should Attend? HR, managers and supervisors, financial officers, in-house counsel, trainers, CEOs
States have started to pass mandatory sexual harassment training and policy requirements that employers must comply with. These new laws can be tricky and quite intricate regarding an employer’s compliance obligations. New York State, New York City and Delaware have recently passed laws mandating sexual harassment training, policies and procedures, and deadlines to comply are coming up fast. California has revised and added to its already-strict law requiring sexual harassment training to now include training of employees. In addition, many other states including Vermont, Rhode Island, Maryland and Louisiana also have added to their sexual harassment laws to make them more stringent.
Please join Melissa Fleischer to learn what your organization needs to do to ensure compliance with these significant laws and how to avoid potential liability for a failure to properly comply. Each law has its own unique requirements that employers who operate in that state must understand and comply with or face stiff legal consequences.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- Your requirements under new state and municipal laws to develop, maintain and provide sexual and unlawful harassment training to your managers and employees
- Your requirements under recently-enacted state and municipal laws to draft policies and procedures prohibiting sexual and unlawful harassment in the workplace
- How your policy needs to be properly drafted to comply with each state and municipality’s laws
- Emerging trends under each of the new state and local laws
- Caselaw on sexual harassment and how a well-developed sexual harassment training program can help your organization avoid potential liability for sexual and unlawful harassment
- What your complaint forms should include for employees who wish to complain about sexual or unlawful harassment in your organization
- Strategies to ensure legal compliance and avoid potential liability under these recently-enacted sexual harassment laws
- What’s on the horizon? Upcoming legislation in additional states that may require mandatory sexual harassment training and policies
- AND MUCH MORE!
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for “New State Laws Mandating Sexual Harassment Policies, Procedures and Training” is Melissa Fleischer, attorney at law. Ms. Fleischer is the president of HR Learning Center LLC. Ms. Fleischer is a management-side employment attorney with over 20 years’ experience representing clients in employment discrimination litigation as well as providing preventive counseling and training on workplace issues. HR Learning Center LLC offers training seminars, webinars, and consulting on a variety of workplace and human resources issues. She is also a frequent speaker on a wide range of employment law topics including: workplace investigations, anti-harassment training, FMLA and ADA training, workplace violence prevention, etc. Ms. Fleischer earned her J.D. degree from the George Washington University School of Law.
HRWebAdvisor.com QUALITY COMMITMENT
HRWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
HRWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.