May employees take leaves due to school closures? Learn about new DOL guidance and get answers to your questions.
As some schools continue to offer only distance learning and others take a hybrid approach, your employees may increasingly ask to spend time focusing on their children. You need to understand what leave the FMLA and the FFCRA allow.
The Department of Labor recently updated its guidance to address leave due to school closures. Your understanding of the regulations will enable you to help your colleagues while ensuring your organization complies with the law.
- What does “hybrid” mean as a school reopening plan?
- Does a hybrid or remote learning plan qualify as a school being closed for purposes of FFCRA leave?
- What would an employee have to show to take this leave?
- What if an employee simply chooses remote learning?
- What updates should you make to your policies and procedures?
- What does the DOL guidance provide based on school reopening plans?
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].