Marijuana and the Workplace: The Laws Are Changing
Are you allowed to refuse to hire an applicant who tests positive for marijuana on a pre-employment drug test? Are you even allowed to test for marijuana on a pre-employment drug test? Does an applicant have a right to sue you under your state’s medical marijuana act? The answers to these questions and many more will be provided in this important webinar.
Courts have recently changed their positions on many of these issues, and it is more important than ever that HR understands how to properly comply with the ever-changing laws on medical and recreational marijuana and to understand the changing legal climate in which courts are now holding in favor of applicants more and more.
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- Does your state medical marijuana law allow an applicant to commence a private cause of action against you for failing to hire them?
- Can you refuse to hire an applicant who tests positive for marijuana when they have a medical marijuana ID card?
- Are you still allowed to test for marijuana on a pre-employment drug test?
- Is marijuana legal when used for medical purposes under federal law?
- Do you have to allow an employee who uses marijuana for medical purposes to be under the influence at work?
- Do you have to provide a reasonable accommodation under the ADA or your state disability law to an applicant who uses marijuana for medical reasons?
- AND MUCH MORE!
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].