LGBTQ Discrimination: Update for Employers
The Supreme Court recently heard oral argument in three cases that are likely to impact whether LGBTQ individuals are protected from discrimination under federal law, and, in particular, under Title VII. This main issue is whether the protection from sex discrimination in Title VII includes discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. The lower courts have split on this issue, and in this term the U.S. Supreme Court will decide this issue.
Please join leading attorney Melissa Fleischer for an in-depth look at the three cases pending before the Supreme Court, as well as a look at the current administration’s views on this issue. The webinar will also explore many other LGBTQ issues that employers face such as what the law requires regarding use of a bathroom by an employee who currently identifies with a gender different from that assigned at birth. Although federal law and Title VII do not prohibit discrimination or harassment based upon sexual orientation or gender identity, many state laws do include these. Attend this webinar to make sure you are prepared and understand your legal requirements to avoid discrimination and prevent harassment of your LGBTQ employees.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- In-depth analysis of cases being decided by the Supreme Court on this issue.
- Analysis of Supreme Court’s decision on whether sexual orientation and gender identity discrimination is prohibited under federal law.
- Understanding your legal requirements to protect your LGBTQ employees.
- Legal pitfalls with LGBTQ employees to be aware of.
- State bathroom protection laws.
- Laws on the horizon that are not favorable to LGBTQ employees
- And much more!
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].