Duration: Scheduled for 90 minutes including question and answer period.
Presenter: Melissa Fleischer, attorney at law and president, HR Learning Center LLC
Price: $299.00, download includes full audio presentation, question and answer session, and presentation slides.
CE Credits: This program has been approved for 1.5 general recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
Who Should Attend? HR, in-house counsel, financial officers, CEOs
Understanding how to administer FMLA leave is hard enough without having to also figure out intermittent FMLA leave. This legalistic and complicated aspect of the FMLA is one of the more complicated issues faced by an HR department, as it creates a number of administrative challenges and is subject to potential abuse by employees. This webinar will provide the answers to your most challenging intermittent FMLA questions such as whether you are allowed to transfer an employee to another position that better accommodates intermittent FMLA leave, whether employees are always entitled to intermittent FMLA leave and how to prevent intermittent FMLA leave abuse.
Please join Melissa Fleischer as she breaks down the issues with intermittent FMLA leave into easy to understand tips and how-tos, which will help you ensure that your organization is in compliance with the law’s requirements and that your employees are not abusing their leave privileges.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This webinar will review:
- Intermittent leave requirements step-by-step
- The definition of a “serious condition” and strategies for getting an employee to provide notification to the employers
- When you can request physician certifications and second opinions
- When the employer may contact a physician directly
- What documentation you can ask the employee to provide before he or she takes intermittent FMLA leave
- Whether your FMLA policy includes language that best manages intermittent leave with the least workplace disruptions
- The 4 methods for counting the 12-month period such as the calendar year and rolling 12-month methods for calculating intermittent leave
- Tips for which method of calculating the 12-month period works best for the employer
- Required notifications from employees before they can take intermittent FMLA leave
- How to reduce FMLA intermittent leave fraud and abuse
- AND MUCH MORE!
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADERYour conference leader for “Intermittent FMLA Leave: Understand the Requirements and Prevent Abuse” is Melissa Fleischer, attorney at law. Ms. Fleischer is a management-side employment attorney with 20 years of experience representing clients in employment law discrimination litigation as well as providing preventive counseling and training on workplace issues. HR Learning Center, LLC offers training seminars, webinars, and consulting on a wide range of workplace and human resources issues. She is also a frequent speaker on a wide range of employment law topics including: workplace investigations, anti-harassment training, FMLA and ADA training, workplace violence prevention, etc. Ms. Fleischer earned her J.D. degree from the George Washington University School of Law.
HRWebAdvisor QUALITY COMMITMENT
HRWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at email@example.com.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
HRWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.