Live Webinar: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 1 PM Eastern
Important HR Employment Law Issues for 2020: It’s Time to Prepare Now
2020 is going to be a major game-changer for HR, with many new state laws on the horizon and multiple significant employment issues to be decided by the U.S. Supreme Court and other federal courts around the country. It is important for HR to be aware of impending changes, be prepared for what’s ahead, and have policies and procedures in place to protect your organization.
For instance, medical marijuana laws are being interpreted differently by recent court cases, and HR needs to be prepared for what this means for the workplace. Can you still refuse to hire an applicant that tests positive on a pre-employment drug test? Do you have to provide reasonable accommodations to an applicant that uses medical marijuana for a disability within the meaning of the ADA? When will the final OT rule be effective, and what does it mean for how you handle your current exempt employees who are below the salary-level threshold? What will the Supreme Court decide as to whether Title VII protects employees in the workplace based on their gender identity and sexual orientation? How will this impact your policies and procedures on discrimination and harassment? How should you best prevent harassment in the workplace during the #MeToo movement?
Please join HR employment law expert Melissa Fleischer, Esq. as she helps prepare you for these changes and helps you make sure your organization is protected from potential legal liability in the year ahead.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- How courts are now leaning towards protecting applicants and employees who test positive on drug tests for medical marijuana
- What the courts now require regarding providing reasonable accommodations to medical marijuana users who test positive for medical marijuana
- How to prepare for the new FLSA OT Final Rule and the changes it will require in your workplace
- The many new state laws prohibiting past salary queries during the hiring process
- New paid family leave laws and paid parental leave laws on the horizon
- How to avoid legal pitfalls of the #MeToo Movement and adequately prevent sexual harassment in your organization
- Important cases pending before the Supreme Court on gender identity and sexual orientation discrimination and how to ensure you will be legally compliant
- AND MUCH MORE!
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].
Certificates of Participation
HRWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.