HR 101: Review of the Fundamental Laws
HR is a complicated field, made even more so today with the multitude of federal and state employment discrimination laws. Starting out in HR can be daunting especially if you do not have an HR background. This HR 101 webinar will get you up to speed on the many issues that present themselves to HR on a daily basis as well as the best practices for keeping your organization in legal compliance.
Today, most experienced HR professionals need to know almost as much as employment attorneys. This webinar will provide the basics that you need to know and how to ensure that you have avoided risk for your organization.
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- Hiring issues that can trip up even the most savvy HR professionals
- Leaves of absence: a legal compliance nightmare. FMLA, ADA/ADAAA, Paid sick leave laws, paid family leave laws, workers’ comp, etc.
- What is a “serious health condition” under the FMLA?
- What constitutes a request for a reasonable accommodation under the ADA?
- Wage and Hour Laws: understanding HR’s obligation for ensuring compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act
- How to properly classify an employee as “exempt”
- Compensable time issues that every HR professional should understand
- Creating documentation to avoid legal issues when terminating employees
- AND MUCH MORE!
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].