FMLA Beyond the Basics: Avoid Surprises, Reduce Personal Liability and Master the Law
Most HR professionals know the basics of the FMLA. However, the law is complex and multifaceted, and can get confusing, especially when it intersects with state FMLA, ADA, FLSA, workers’ compensation and other medical condition/leave of absence laws. The FMLA also allows HR managers and supervisors to be sued personally, which makes mastery of the law even more important.
In this informative and timely webinar, leading HR attorney Bob Gregg goes below the surface to help you learn the unexpected facets of the FMLA, take control of its unwieldy provisions, and meet its most demanding challenges.
- Risks associated with calling leave FMLA when it’s not.
- How much FMLA do employees receive? (It’s not all the same: measuring eligible hours and intermittent leave.)
- Personal liability of supervisors.
- What if the employee doesn’t ask for FMLA?
- What is falsification of leave?
- Interrelated laws – the complex dance of ADA, WC, FMLA, GINA.
- Whether Light Duty counts toward use of FMLA?
- How does the multi-location employer comply with the FMLA, especially when those locations vary by size (i.e. some with more and some fewer than fifty people)?
- Interference and the off-duty land mines of the FMLA.
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].