Duration: 90 minutes including question and answer session.
Presenter(s): Melissa Fleischer, attorney at law and president, HR Learning Center, LLC
Price: $299.00, DL includes full audio presentation, question and answer session, and presentation slides.
CE Credits: This program has been approved for 1.5 general recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
Who Should Attend? HR, managers, supervisors, training, in-house counsel, financial officers, CEOs
There are many changes occurring in 2019 that HR needs to be aware of. It is especially important for HR to stay updated so that they are prepared and have policies and procedures in place to protect their organizations. As a result of the current administration not being likely to make any of these changes under federal law, states have had to pick up the slack. Therefore, it will be more difficult and confusing than ever for HR to navigate the state laws that continue to be passed on issues such as paid sick leave, paid family leave, medical marijuana and much more.
Please join attorney Melissa Fleischer as she helps you prepare for many of the changes and helps you understand recent court decisions, court decisions that might come down soon and changes in how the current administration will enforce many of these laws. This webinar will help prepare so that your organization is protected from liability.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- Tips for providing handbook rules and for legal compliance with the FLSA: what you need to know
- Recent case law on telecommuting as a reasonable accommodation under the ADAAA
- Understanding your drug-free policy in light of state medicinal marijuana laws
- Paid parental leave laws
- Paid family leave laws
- LGBTQ recent case law
- The Trump administration’s changed interpretation of laws protecting employees from discrimination for sexual orientation and gender identity
- Does your ADA Accommodation Policy include reasonable accommodations for pregnant employees?
- Paid sick leave laws: what you need to know
- Laws regarding prohibition on asking for past salary history during interviews
- Ban the box laws: what you need to know
- Changes in enforcement under the Trump administration
- AND MUCH MORE!
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for “Employment Law Changes Coming in 2019: Be Prepared for What’s Ahead!” is Melissa Fleischer, attorney at law. Ms. Fleischer is a management-side employment attorney with 20 years of experience representing clients in employment law discrimination litigation as well as providing preventive counseling and training on workplace issues. HR Learning Center, LLC offers training seminars, webinars, and consulting on a wide range of workplace and human resources issues. She is also a frequent speaker on a wide range of employment law topics including: workplace investigations, anti-harassment training, FMLA and ADA training, workplace violence prevention, etc. Ms. Fleischer earned her J.D. degree from the George Washington University School of Law.
HRWebAdvisor QUALITY COMMITMENT
HRWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
HRWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.