Duration: 90 minutes including question and answer period.
Presenter: Melissa Fleischer, attorney at law and president, HR Learning Center LLC
Price: $349.00, DL includes full audio presentation, question and answer session, and presentation slides.
CE Credits: This program has been approved for 1.5 general recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
Who Should Attend? HR, training, in-house counsel, financial officers, and CEOs
All employers should have well-drafted employee handbooks to communicate policies and procedures that apply to the workplace. Too often, however, those handbooks are not reviewed or updated regularly despite rapid changes to the legal landscape when it comes to employment and labor issues. At a minimum, handbooks should be updated at least annually to ensure that they are in compliance with recent federal, state and local laws that have been passed, as well as with important court decisions that could impact your organization. There have been a number of important developments in the employment law space recently, and now is a crucial time to make sure your handbooks reflect the latest requirements.
Please join Melissa Fleischer to better understand important protections that your employee handbook needs to contain to best protect you, and what recent legal issues require revisions.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
This webinar will cover:
- Tips for providing handbook rules based on revisions to the FLSA:
- Understanding the recent court rulings on unpaid interns and how to avoid violations of the FLSA
- Recent case law on whether telecommuting is a reasonable accommodation under the ADAAA
- Understanding your drug-free policy in light of state medicinal marijuana laws
- Whether your anti-harassment policy contains the necessary requirements to ensure it is effective
- Revising your FMLA policy in accordance with the rules on same-sex marriage
- Determining whether your FMLA policy includes the important protections needed
- Whether your ADA accommodation policy includes reasonable accommodations for pregnant employees
- Ensuring you have a policy providing reasonable break-time for nursing mothers
- Including a cell-phone and texting policy to help you avoid liability
- AND MUCH MORE!
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for “Employee Handbook Update: Important Revisions to Ensure Legal Compliance and Avoid Liability” is Melissa Fleischer, attorney at law. Ms. Fleischer is a management-side employment attorney with 20 years of experience representing clients in employment law discrimination litigation as well as providing preventive counseling and training on workplace issues. HR Learning Center, LLC offers training seminars, webinars, and consulting on a wide range of employment law topics including: workplace investigations, anti-harassment training, FMLA and ADA training, workplace violence prevention, etc. Ms Fleischer earned her J.D. degree from the George Washington University School of Law.
HRWebAdvisor QUALITY COMMITMENT
HRWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
HRWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.