Duration: Scheduled for 90 minutes including question and answer session.
Presenter(s): Melissa Fleischer, attorney at law and president, HR Learning Center, LLC
Price: $299.00 webinar or On-Demand, $449.00 webinar and On-Demand. Each option may be viewed by an unlimited number of attendees in one room. On-Demand includes full audio presentation, question and answer session, and presentation slides.
CE Credits: This program has been approved for 1.5 general recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
Who Should Attend? HR, benefits, managers, supervisors, training, in-house counsel, financial officers, CEOs
The DOL recently issued a new FMLA opinion letter regarding an employer’s designation of FMLA-qualifying leave. Employers need to understand this DOL opinion letter to help ensure compliance with the FMLA. Understanding how to ensure compliance with this law from start to finish – in light of this development – is an essential step in ensuring compliance.
Please join attorney Melissa Fleischer for this in-depth FMLA compliance guide and discussion of the new FMLA DOL opinion letter. She will provide HR with step-by-step procedures to best understand HR’s obligations under the FMLA. It will cover in-depth the legal requirements set forth in the FMLA with regard to leave of absences and will provide a step-by-step plan of action for those in HR when employees are out on a leave of absence to ensure legal compliance. This conference will best ensure FMLA compliance and provide best practices and policies for administering the FMLA in your workplace.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- In-depth look at recently-issued DOL FMLA Opinion Letter
- Analysis of designation of FMLA leave by employer based on DOL FMLA Opinion Letter
- Overview of HR’s responsibilities to ensure compliance with the FMLA
- Methods to ensure employees taking FMLA leave are eligible and are taking leave for an FMLA-qualifying reason
- Step-by-step guide to help FMLA compliance from start to finish
- Strategies to ensure you best understand FMLA legal definitions, including the definition of a serious health condition
- Best practices for applying the legal definitions of the FMLA when approving FMLA leave
- Who is a parent, spouse, and child under the FMLA?
- Methods for counting the 12-Month Period
- What you can and cannot do with regard to Medical Certifications and requesting recertifications
- Understanding FMLA Intermittent and Reduced Schedule Leave
- Your legal obligation to reinstate employees to the same or an equivalent position at end of leave
- Recommendations for how to create a legally-compliant FMLA policy that will best prevent future legal liability
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for “DOL Issues New Opinion Letter on FMLA Compliance” is Melissa Fleischer, attorney at law. Ms. Fleischer is a management-side employment attorney with 20 years of experience representing clients in employment law discrimination litigation as well as providing preventive counseling and training on workplace issues. HR Learning Center, LLC offers training seminars, webinars, and consulting on a wide range of employment law topics including workplace investigations, anti-harassment training, FMLA and ADA training, workplace violence prevention, etc. Ms. Fleischer earned her J.D. degree from the George Washington University School of Law.
HRWebAdvisor QUALITY COMMITMENT
HRWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at email@example.com.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
HRWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.