Duration: 90 minutes including question and answer session.
Presenter: Melissa Fleischer, attorney at law and president, HR Learning Center, LLC
Price: $349.00, DL includes full audio presentation, question and answer session, and presentation slides.
CE Credits: This program has been approved for 1.5 general recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
Who Should Attend? HR, managers and supervisors, financial officers, in-house counsel, trainers, CEOs
HR needs to better understand how to conduct workplace sexual harassment investigations and some of the legal pitfalls that you will want to avoid when conducting a workplace investigation. This webinar will provide a step-by-step guide for how to respond when there has been a complaint of harassment or discrimination. What do you do once you receive a discrimination or harassment complaint?
Please join Melissa Fleischer to learn how how to conduct a legally compliant thorough investigation, including tips for successful interviews of witnesses. Gain practical skills that enable you to conduct effective investigations of discrimination, harassment and retaliation complaints.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- How to avoid legal pitfalls when conducting sexual harassment workplace investigations
- Ensuring compliance with the law when conducting sexual harassment workplace investigations
- Understanding how to establish your affirmative defense by conducting harassment workplace investigations
- Privacy issues: learn about recent cases on reasonable expectation of privacy
- Proper preparation of your harassment workplace investigation report
- Best practices for interviewing witnesses during a harassment workplace investigation
- Discussion of cases where flawed investigations by HR were costly for employers
- Understanding the problematic “he said-she said” scenario
- Tips on presenting your HR investigative report to upper management
- Preparing for litigation: preparation for testifying about your report in court
- AND MUCH MORE!
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for “Conducting Effective Sexual Harassment Workplace Investigations” is Melissa Fleischer, attorney at law. Ms. Fleischer is the president of HR Learning Center LLC and is a management-side employment attorney with over 20 years’ experience representing clients in employment discrimination litigation as well as providing preventive counseling and training on workplace issues. HR Learning Center LLC offers training seminars, webinars, and consulting on a variety of workplace and human resources issues. She is also a frequent speaker on a wide range of employment law topics including: workplace investigations, anti-harassment training, FMLA and ADA training, workplace violence prevention, etc. Ms. Fleischer earned her J.D. degree from the George Washington University School of Law.
HRWebAdvisor.com QUALITY COMMITMENT
HRWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
HRWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.