Complying with I-9 Requirements: Step-by-Step Review to Reduce Compliance Questions, Risks & Possible Penalties
In the last several years, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has made several revisions to its I-9 form and also issued a revised Handbook for Employers to help companies comply with these revisions. Of course, employers understand that they need to ensure that their I-9 forms are in order or risk potential fines, penalties, and possibly even jail time. However, employers continue to have questions when it comes to complying with these verification requirements. The threats for worksite audits or raids also adds increased concern by employers. These issues only add to the current complex atmosphere surrounding employment and immigration issues. To avoid potential problems, employers need to fully understand the I-9 form and understand their current employee verification procedures.
Please join Richard F. Verstegen as he reviews the federal requirements that govern your employer’s I-9 practices and how these may affect the employee verification procedures you already have in place.
Just a sampling of the many practical tips you’ll take away:
- Review, step-by-step, your obligations for I-9 documentation and verification
- Review the I-9 form
- Find out if you have to complete a I-9 form for all of your current employees
- Learn how to audit current employees’ I-9 forms
- See how to audit terminated employees’ I-9 forms
- Understand how to effectively address errors in order to avoid litigation and how to avoid discrimination against a potential employee during the employment eligibility process
- AND MUCH MORE!
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].