Can you force employees to get the new COVID-19 vaccine? Explore the cutting edge of HR law.
The current administration is working at warp speed to have a COVID-19 vaccine ready by late fall or early winter 2020. Employers are beginning to contemplate requiring all employees to be vaccinated. This policy raises many legal questions revolving around the balance of employee rights, workplace safety, and organizational liability.
By confronting this topic and setting policies now, you will be prepared when a COVID-19 vaccine becomes available.
- What laws might prevent you from requiring employees to get the vaccine?
- What will the EEOC say on this issue?
- What guidelines has the EEOC issued in the past for similar vaccines?
- What legal liability could you face for requiring employees to get the vaccine?
- How would you handle employees whose religions prohibit vaccines?
- What if an employee claims the vaccine is unsafe
- Can you terminate an employee who refuses to get the vaccine?
- Are there alternative ways to keep the workplace safe?
- Could you get sued for forcing your employees to get the COVID-19 vaccine?
- What vaccination policies and procedures should you implement?
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].