COVID-19 and Legal Issues Regarding Work From Home
COVID-19 has required millions of people to work from home. Now that employees have done that successfully, they are demanding more flexibility. At the same time, states and local governments are imposing restrictions that make a full return to many workplaces untenable.
If you plan to allow ongoing remote work, you need to create clear work-from-home policies and adhere to legal requirements. Avoid setting precedents that may be difficult to reverse.
- What are the pros and cons of allowing employees to work from home?
- What is the legal framework for remote work?
- How do the wage and hour requirements of the FLSA relate?
- What are the effects of the FMLA?
- How can you establish and enforce electronic security?
- Can OSHA inspect employees’ homes?
- Is working from home a reasonable accommodation under the ADA?
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].