COVID-19 and DHS Guidelines on completing I-9 Form Remotely
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) recently extended their flexible Form I-9 document review process for remote employers who are impacted by COVID-19. Implemented last year in March, the so-called virtual verification option enables businesses to defer the physical inspection requirements associated with the I-9 by examining documents remotely using video conferencing, email, or other technology. Employers must then conduct the physical inspection when normal business operations resume.
While this flexible approach sounds simple enough, employers must perform several follow-up steps in order to comply with Form I-9 inspection rules. This webinar will discuss the following timely updates and topics:
- What is the current DHS policy for virtual I-9 completion?
- How should I-9s be updated when businesses return to work?
- When should you use an authorized representative to view documents? Whom should you choose?
- How should employers treat expired documents?
- What are the best practices for retaining document copies?
- How has E-Verify been impacted by COVID-19?
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].