COVID-19 and DHS Guidelines on completing I-9 Form Remotely
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) recently extended their flexible Form I-9 document review process for remote employers until August 19, 2020. Implemented earlier in March, the so-called virtual verification option enables businesses to defer the physical inspection requirements associated with the I-9 by examining documents remotely using video conferencing, email, or other technology. Employers must then conduct the physical inspection when normal business operations resume.
While this flexible approach sounds simple enough, there are complexities and uncertainties you need to understand. For example, DHS has just published several “sample” I-9 images which illustrate how I-9s should be updated in light of the COVID-19 temporary policies.
This webinar will discuss the following timely updates and topics:
- What is the new DHS policy for virtual I-9 completion?
- How should I-9s be updated when businesses return to work?
- When should you use an authorized representative to view documents? Whom should you choose?
- How must you capture and retain supporting I-9 documents?
- What are the best practices for managing tricky I-9 and E-Verify situations during the pandemic?
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].