Who is exempt from wearing a mask? Why? Learn how to handle employees who refuse to follow this critical safety requirement.
Some employees claim they cannot wear face masks. They may have legitimate reasons making a mask is untenable or may be trying to skirt the policy. You need to adopt a clear and consistent approach to mask exceptions, founded in legal obligations and respectful of employees’ rights.
The Americans with Disabilities Act protects people with disabilities, which could include situations preventing mask use. In these cases, it is necessary to understand if and when you must offer reasonable accommodations.
- How should you respond when an employee refuses to wear a face mask?
- When are employees entitled to reasonable accommodations?
- What medical document would an employee need to provide?
- Would an employee who cannot wear a mask be considered a “qualified individual with a disability”?
- Is wearing a mask an essential function of an employee’s job when required by the government?
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].