Who has been vaccinated at your organization? Learn if you can legally answer this question.
The ADA requires employers to maintain confidentiality regarding employee health information. During this pandemic, the rules get even more complicated.
When determining to reveal an employee’s infection and vaccination status to others, you must weigh individual privacy rights with your larger team’s safety. The decisions are not always obvious, and one error can incur liability for your organization. You need to understand the relevant laws and government guidance.
- What are your confidentiality obligations under the ADA for COVID-19?
- Can you tell employees if a colleague has COVID-19 and exposed others?
- Are you obligated to notify employees when they may have been exposed?
- Can you reveal departments the identity of an employee with COVID-19 in your workplace to state and local health without violating the ADA?
- Can you tell employees which colleagues do not get the COVID-19 vaccine?
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].