COVID-19 And Remote Performance-Related Terminations
While COVID-19 is making it difficult for everyone to get work done, the crisis is also differentiating star performers from problematic employees. Even when afforded flexibility in handling the stress and personal obligations of the pandemic, some people have still not risen to the challenge. Performance-related terminations may be your only choice.
Terminating employees now offers a unique set of challenges. You see the effects of health and family hardships, may be unable to conduct meetings in person, and could find it impossible to mediate disputes successfully. Releasing poor performers is even more critical now if financial resources are constrained. Nobody can afford the distractions caused by difficult colleagues.
You need to know the relevant laws and regulations to be able to treat employees fairly and protect your organization during terminations.
- How should you document performance issues?
- How do the ADA and other EEO laws apply during COVID-19?
- What unlawful employment practices should you avoid?
- What are the most significant potential problems with terminations?
- What concrete steps should you follow when terminating employees?
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].