Avoiding Top Harassment Mistakes
Harassment is a major topic of conversation in the workplace today, and many more employees have complained that they have been the subject of harassing behavior. These complaints demonstrate that HR in workplaces across the country have often “gotten it wrong” and made some major mistakes with regard to sexual and unlawful harassment in the workplace. From failing to set up routine and adequate training to toothless policies and weak investigations, employers are setting themselves up for fostering a hostile workplace and even potential litigation. How can HR professionals strengthen their efforts in this area to mitigate these risks?
Please join Melissa Fleischer as she focuses on common and uncommon mistakes that HR has made in addressing potential and reported harassment complaints to help you prevent similar blunders in your workplace. The webinar will also help you to ensure that you will be able to defend your organization’s practices if any of these complaints do escalate into actual lawsuits.
Some of the mistakes (and how to avoid them) that will be covered:
- Failure to provide sexual and unlawful harassment training annually
- Not updating your anti-harassment policy
- Failure to distribute the anti-harassment policy to entire workplace
- Not undertaking an investigation if the complainant decides they do not want to
- Taking too long to start an investigation when an employee has complained of harassment
- Failing to take prompt corrective action if allegations of complainant are substantiated during investigation
- Not adequately protecting “confidentiality”
- Not ensuring that complainants and witnesses are adequately protected from any retaliation
- Failing to advise both the Complainant and the accused of the results of the investigation
- Discussion of case law in which organizations have “gotten it wrong”
- AND MUCH MORE!
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].