Duration: 90 minutes including question and answer period.
Presenter: Melissa Fleischer, attorney at law and president, HR Learning Center LLC
Price: $349.00, DL includes full audio presentation, question and answer session, and presentation slides.
CE Credits: This program has been approved for 1.5 general recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
Who Should Attend? HR, managers and supervisors, financial officers, in-house counsel, trainers, CEOs
Harassment is a major topic of conversation in the workplace today, and many more employees have complained that they have been the subject of harassing behavior. These complaints demonstrate that HR in workplaces across the country have often “gotten it wrong” and made some major mistakes with regard to sexual and unlawful harassment in the workplace. From failing to set up routine and adequate training to toothless policies and weak investigations, employers are setting themselves up for fostering a hostile workplace and even potential litigation. How can HR professionals strengthen their efforts in this area to mitigate these risks?
Please join Melissa Fleischer as she focuses on common and uncommon mistakes that HR has made in addressing potential and reported harassment complaints to help you prevent similar blunders in your workplace. The webinar will also help you to ensure that you will be able to defend your organization’s practices if any of these complaints do escalate into actual lawsuits.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
Some of the mistakes (and how to avoid them) that will be covered:
- Failure to provide sexual and unlawful harassment training annually
- Not updating your anti-harassment policy
- Failure to distribute the anti-harassment policy to entire workplace
- Not undertaking an investigation if the complainant decides they do not want to
- Taking too long to start an investigation when an employee has complained of harassment
- Failing to take prompt corrective action if allegations of complainant are substantiated during investigation
- Not adequately protecting “confidentiality”
- Not ensuring that complainants and witnesses are adequately protected from any retaliation
- Failing to advise both the Complainant and the accused of the results of the investigation
- Discussion of case law in which organizations have “gotten it wrong”
- AND MUCH MORE!
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for “Avoiding Top Harassment Mistakes: Appropriate Policies, Training, Complaint Investigation and Resolution” is Melissa Fleischer, attorney at law. Ms. Fleischer is a management-side employment attorney with 20 years of experience representing clients in employment law discrimination litigation as well as providing preventive counseling and training on workplace issues. HR Learning Center, LLC offers training seminars, webinars, and consulting on a wide range of workplace and human resources issues. She is also a frequent speaker on a wide range of employment law topics including: workplace investigations, anti-harassment training, FMLA and ADA training, workplace violence prevention, etc. Ms. Fleischer earned her J.D. degree from the George Washington University School of Law.
HRWebAdvisor QUALITY COMMITMENT
HRWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
HRWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.