Avoiding Personal Liability for HR Professionals
Working as an HR professional is difficult enough without having to worry about being held personally liable for your actions. But this can happen if you fail to do what a “reasonable” person would do. Yes, you can be personally liable for your actions. You could even be held personally liable for harassment or even for interference with FMLA!
Please join leading HR expert and attorney Melissa Fleischer for an in-depth overview of types of actions that could be brought against you personally and best practices to avoid such liability.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
A sample of what this webinar will cover:
- An overview of the risks of being held personally liable for negligence as an HR professional.
- The laws you need to know and the definition of personal liability.
- Types of negligence to consider, including negligent investigation, negligent hiring and negligent retention.
- Personal liability and FMLA claims.
- Damage awards and circumstances in which you would be forced to pay out of pocket without a contribution from your employer.
- Types of workplace harassment complaints you may have to confront as a member of management.
- Best practices for avoiding personal liability for mistakes you may make while carrying out your duties as an HR professional.
- And much more!
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].