April 1, H-1B Visa Petitions Begin
Making a job offer to a foreign national will often depend on the success of your H-1B visa petition, and April 1 marks the beginning of the period for filing petitions for the next fiscal year. H-1Bs allow foreign citizens to work in the U.S. for a set period of time. The petition process and the responsibilities of the employer sponsor can be cumbersome. What should you know before you begin the petition process? Immigration law can be tricky and can often get in the way of hiring good candidates from another country. There are also visa related issues that can get in the way when it comes to retaining current foreign employees. Since the Great Recession, government agencies are taking a harder look at employer-sponsored petitions, and this has made the sponsorship process more difficult for employers. Please join Shanon R. Stevenson, attorney at law, as she takes you through the H-1B visa petition process helping you to identify potential questions that might arise along the way before they are asked.
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- Review critical H-1B visa requirements
- Learn how to determine if a foreign national is even a good H-1B visa candidate
- Discuss how to write client agreements which address the sponsoring employer’s right to control foreign nationals who work offsite at a client location
- Know the importance of position descriptions in the H-1B visa petition
- Know the art of writing offer letters that deal with unresolved visa issues
- AND MUCH MORE!
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].